Effective July 2019
Tudu is the data controller of your personal information.
- User: A person who has signed up and is registered with Tudu for the use or potential use of the Service.
- Restaurant: The local business having sole responsibility for receiving and preparing orders for the User.
The information we collect:
Tudu collects personal information to deliver our Service to you, including through our Website and App. We collect personal information from you, such as:
Things you and others do and provide:
- Account Information: We collect information when you create or update your Tudu account. This may include your name, email address, birthday, and password should you choose to connect them, and your payment information (including related payment verification information). We may also ask you about your preferences; for example, your favourite type of food.
- Purchase Information: We collect details related to your use of our Service, including what you purchased, date and time when you made the purchase, amount charged, your payment method, and whether you used a promotion code.
- User content: We may collect information that you submit when you contact Tudu customer support, or any information you submit about our business partners including ratings, tags, compliments, photos, or comments.
- Usage information: We collect information about how you interact with our Service. This includes information such as access dates and times, which features you used and which pages you viewed, crashes and other system activity, and third-party sites you were interacting with before using our Service.
- Technical data: When you visit our Website, we may process technical data such as your IP address, visited webpages, the internet browser you use, your previous/next visited websites and the duration of a visit/session.
- Survey or demographic data: We may offer you the opportunity to participate in one of our customer surveys or research. If you choose to participate, we use the optional information and survey results to help us understand our customers and to tailor and enhance our service offerings, and promotions.
Information from other sources may include:
- Users providing your information as part of a dispute
- Business partners such as payment providers, social media services, or apps and websites that use Tudu's API
- Publicly available sources
- Marketing service providers
Tudu may combine information from various sources with information it collects.
How we use your information
Tudu uses the information it collects for the following purposes:
- Provide our service to you: Tudu uses the information we collect to provide, maintain, personalize, and improve our products. We will use your information to:
- Create and manage your account. This includes using your email address to verify your identity.
- Process or facilitate payments.
- Troubleshoot software bugs and operational problems.
- User content and communication: Tudu may use content you submit, such as ratings, comments, or photos, to surface recommendations to other users and to facilitate the operations of our business.
- Research and development: Tudu uses your personal information for testing, research, analysis, and development of our products. This allows us, for our legitimate interests, to improve our products, improve the in store experience our merchants offer, and to determine where we should offer or focus our Service. We may share this information with third parties for industry analysis and statistics.
- Customer support: We use your profile, account, and usage information to assist you when you contact customer support. This allows us to direct your inquiry appropriately, investigate and assist you with your inquiry, and follow up to ensure the problem does not persist. We may also use your information to monitor and improve our customer service responses.
- Communications from Tudu: Tudu uses your contact information to communicate with you about your activity, our services, your account, and, if we have your prior consent and if available, about Tudu news, special offers, and events. We may also contact you about studies and surveys.
We may also need to communicate with you about your account or Tudu's service. For instance, we may send you an email to verify your username and password or let you know when our Service is temporarily suspended for maintenance.
Only where we have your prior consent to do so, Tudu may also use your contact details to send you general updates regarding Tudu news, special offers, promotions, and contests. You may opt-out of receiving these updates at any time by following the instructions in each of our communications.
You may request that your favourite businesses join Tudu by contacting us at [email protected]. Please only refer businesses you have visited.
Cookies and Related Technology
What is our legal basis for processing data?
We will only collect and process personal data about you where we have a lawful basis. Lawful bases include complying with a legal obligation, consent (where you have given consent to, say, receive updates and marketing emails), contract (where processing is necessary for the performance of a contract with you (e.g. to deliver the Tudu Services you have requested)) and "legitimate interests".
We may process your personal data for the purposes of our legitimate interests or for the legitimate interests of third parties (e.g., your employer or company), provided that such processing shall not outweigh your rights and freedoms. For example, we may process your personal data to:
- Protect you, us, or others from threats (such as security threats or fraud).
- Enable or administer our business, such as for quality control, consolidated reporting, and customer service.
- Manage corporate transactions, such as mergers or acquisitions.
- Understand and improve our business or customer relationships generally.
- Enable us, Members, and Visitors to connect with each other, find jobs and economic opportunity, express opinions, exchange information, and conduct business.
Where we rely on your consent to process personal data, you have the right to withdraw or decline your consent at any time and where we rely on legitimate interests, you have the right to object.
How do we share or disclose your personal information?
- Sharing with our Service Providers: We may employ third party companies and individuals in Canada, the US or other jurisdictions to facilitate or provide certain services on our behalf, such as to process payments, provide customer support, to perform Website-related services (e.g., without limitation, maintenance services, database management, web analytics and improvement of the Website's features) or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used. These third parties have access to your personal information only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are contractually bound not to disclose or use it for any other purpose. For additional information about the way in which our service providers treat your personal information, contact us as set out below.
- Sale of Business: We may transfer any information we have about you as an asset in connection with a proposed or completed merger or sale (including transfers made as part of insolvency or bankruptcy proceedings) involving all or part of Tudu or as part of a corporate reorganization or other change in corporate control.
- Legal Requests: Tudu and other service providers may provide your personal information in response to a search warrant or other legally valid inquiry or order, or to an organization in the case of a breach of an agreement or contravention of law, or as otherwise required or permitted by applicable Canadian law. Tudu may also disclose your personal information to the extent that this is legally required, or necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims and legal process; to investigate or prevent actual or suspect loss or harm to persons or property; to detect, prevent or suppress fraud; or in the event of an emergency pertaining to your health and/or safety; or to our auditors, legal advisors and other professional advisors.
How long does Tudu retain personal information?
- Retention of personal information: We will generally retain your personal information until you cancel your Tudu account in order to meet our contractual obligations to you or until it is no longer required for the purposes stated above or to otherwise meet legal requirements. If you wish to cancel your Tudu account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services, please contact us at [email protected]. After deletion of your account, we will anonymize your data, unless this data is necessary to comply with a legal obligation or resolve disputes.
How does Tudu protect personal information?
- Our safeguards: Tudu has taken appropriate technical, physical and organizational security measures to protect personal information in our custody and control against unauthorized access, use, modification and disclosure. For example, we use standard, industry-wide, commercially reasonable security practices such as encryption, firewalls and SSL (Secure Socket Layers) as well as physical safeguards at the locations where data is stored. However, as effective as encryption technology is, no security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our database, nor can we guarantee that information you supply won't be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the Internet. Any transmission of information by you to Tudu is at your own risk. We recommend that you do not disclose your password to anyone.
Logging in and Posting with Other Services
You are given the option to enable or log in to Tudu via external services such as Facebook and Google (hereafter referred to as external services). Our service also may present you with the option to access external services such as Facebook, or Instagram directly or indirectly through our service.
When you link an external account to Tudu or log into our service using your external account, we may collect relevant personal information necessary to enable our service to access that external service and your information contained within that external service. We also may share your information with the operator of that external service to facilitate or enhance delivery of that external service or other services to you. An external service may provide us with access to certain information that you have provided to them, and we will use, store, and disclose such information in accordance with this policy. Additionally, an external service may collect personal information and information about your use of our site or service automatically. The manner in which an external service collects, uses, stores, and discloses your information is governed by the policies of such third parties and Tudu shall have no liability or responsibility for the privacy practices or other actions of any external service that may be enabled within our service.
You may also have the option of posting your activities on our service and other content to an external service when you access content through our service. For example, you may post to Facebook that you participated in a Tudu Experience. Keep in mind that your usage of external service features is governed by the applicable external services and not by Tudu, and may be visible or accessible to the public.
User Data Deletion Request
If you have previously used external services to sign in to Tudu and would like to delete your data from Tudu, please email us at [email protected] with your request to delete user data. Please include your account username, account email, and the platform from which the data you'd like to delete was retrieved (e.g. Facebook or Google).